August 9, 2021
All AMY Regional Library locations and the regional office are open to the public, with regular operating hours. No appointments are necessary at this time. Due to continued case rise in our area and following recommendations from NCDHHS and our local Toe River Health Department, we are reinstating some restrictions, because the health and wellness of our employees and our patrons is our continued priority:
— all employees of the AMY Regional Library system are required to wear face coverings inside library buildings and offices
— We strongly recommend face coverings for all patrons 5 years of age and older entering our libraries. If you do not have a face covering, we can provide one for you.
— We will no longer accept meeting room reservations where individuals can gather together. We are doing this short-term in the expectation that we can reinstate meetings when cases in our area decline.
We have and will continue to implement good hygiene practices and infection control measures, following OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19, such as:
- promote frequent and thorough hand washing
- provide at least 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer to staff and the public
- follow good respiratory etiquette, so we cover all coughs and sneezes
- wear cloth face coverings when working with the public
- routinely disinfect and sanitize all surfaces and equipment
- sanitize returned library materials
- staff will stay home when sick
What you can do for us and for other members of the public:
- stay home if you are sick
- wear a cloth face covering
- wait 6 feet apart (avoid close contact)
- wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
The Outreach Van will visit your home! Contact Jamie McCabe for more information regarding Outreach Services.