August 17, 2020
We have two confirmed positive Covid-19 cases in the AMY Regional Library System. These individuals are recovering at home. Because we are a public facility, we are choosing to be transparent in the early information we have while also protecting employee privacy. We have been in communication with public health staff, and they are working to complete this investigation to contain the spread of the virus. It is the recommendation to close the library in question until further notice. We will inform you when we reopen. To keep up to date on library news and information, follow us on Facebook at AMY Regional Library System or visit our website at www.amyregionallibrary.org
To protect individual privacy, no further information about these cases will be released.
We are very grateful to the Toe River Valley Health District, who has been instrumental since the beginning of this pandemic in sharing information with us and answering questions on preventative measures for our public spaces.
We ask that library patrons please be patient with us as we work to keep our staff and patrons safe.
These are the protective measures all employees at our 4 libraries have followed and continue to follow:
- Wear cloth face coverings
- Wash hands or use sanitizer multiple times throughout the day
- Routinely disinfect and sanitize all surfaces and equipment
- Create environments that promote social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Quarantine materials for 72 hours and then sanitize those materials
- Staff will stay home when sick
When you visit our libraries, please continue to:
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Wait at least 6 feet apart (avoid close contact)
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- Limit your computer usage to 30 minutes per visit
- Try not to linger in the library after you have your items or have used our services
- Stay home if you are sick