August 14, 2020
We have a confirmed positive case with an employee in the AMY Regional Library System. This employee is recovering at home. Because we are a public facility, we are choosing to be transparent in the early information we have while also protecting employee privacy. We have been in communication with public health staff, and they are working to complete this investigation to contain the spread of the virus. To protect individual privacy, no further information about this case will be released. To err on the side of caution, we closed the library and deep cleaned.
We are very grateful to the Toe River Valley Health District, who has been instrumental since the beginning of this pandemic at sharing information with us and answering questions on preventative measures for our public spaces.
These are the protective measures all employees at our 4 libraries have followed and continue to follow:
- Wear cloth face coverings
- Wash hands or use sanitizer multiple times throughout the day
- Routinely disinfect and sanitize all surfaces and equipment
- Create environments that promote social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Quarantine materials for 72 hours and then sanitize those materials
- Staff will stay home when sick
When you visit our libraries, please continue to:
- Wear a cloth face covering
- Wait at least 6 feet apart (avoid close contact)
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- Limit your computer usage to 30 minutes per visit
- Try not to linger in the library after you have your items or have used our services
- Stay home if you are sick
Thank you all.