- Patrons with a valid library card may use computers in the library.
- Anytime you are asked for your library barcode you need to enter all 14 digits without any spaces.
- Public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We have study rooms in which you can reserve a quiet spot to use your personal computer.
- Public computers have Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Visitors to our library who are not eligible for a library card may use a valid photo ID to access a public computer.
- Catalog-only computers for searching for library materials are available in the library.
- Library cards are not transferable; each customer must use their own library card to access the computer.
Read the Library’s computer use policy.
- The Library provides wireless internet access to everyone.
- The Library does not provide access to wireless printing. Documents will have to be opened on a public computer to print.
Print, Fax, and Copy
- Black and white computer prints are 10¢ per page. Color computer prints are 50¢ per page.
- Faxing (where available) $1.00 per page (to send or receive)
- Black and white photocopies are 10¢ per page. Color photocopies are 30¢ per page.
- Scanning is FREE.
The public libraries of the Avery-Mitchell-Yancey Regional Library System provide meeting rooms for library-sponsored activities, community groups, agencies, and organizations, available on equal terms for the lawful activities of all groups and individuals, regardless of their beliefs or affiliations, subject to the restrictions set out below. Meeting rooms are made available to groups, organizations and businesses as part of the regional library system’s mission to support the educational, cultural and civic activities of the community.